Skate Canada Brampton-Chinguacousy is a not-for-profit organization that relies upon its volunteers to run efficiently. Your time and personal contributions make a difference to all of our membership. Your involvement will help us achieve our goals and help maintain our programs while controlling the Club’s costs.
Volunteer Hours Program
In 2008 we introduced our volunteer hours program. This program is applicable for all skaters from Bronze/Pre-Competitive level and up. Our Committees and the Board of Directors are all dedicated members who volunteer their time. Over the past few years the number of events and programs we support has grown. We host these events to raise funds for the club, which help control our costs benefiting everyone.
We are asking each skater’s parents to complete mandatory volunteer work.
(Families that have more than one skater – will only need to complete a set of hours for the family)
Our Volunteer program is as follows; 15 volunteer hours or $300 per skater. For families with multiple skaters registered, the volunteer requirements are 20 volunteer hours or $350 per family. A post-dated cheque is required for April 1st, 2018. This fee will apply if parents/family have not completed their respective volunteer hours as part of the volunteer program.
Any volunteer hours contributed by skaters does not count towards the total mandatory hours requirement, but can be used for high school volunteer hours.
A tracking sheet was provided to each family at registration night and is also available in the office. Every time you volunteer at SCBC you are responsible to have it signed by a board member that is assigned to the event or task you are assisting with.
Fees will apply if parents choose not to participate in the volunteer program.
This program is meant to encourage the involvement of all of our parents and we are looking for 100% participation. We look forward to meeting new parent volunteers, and are sure you will find it rewarding as you also meet new families within our SCBC Club.
Why become a SCBC volunteer?
- Enjoy social interaction, meet new people, and be part of a team
- Experience personal growth, learning and satisfaction
- Be a part of positive change in your community
- Pursue professional growth and development
- Create employment skills
- Expand your professional network
- Build your sense of connection with the skating community
- Apply your skills and learn new ones
- Build leadership skills, personal empowerment and self-esteem
- Seize an opportunity for giving, caring and community involvement
- Help skaters develop their love of skating and fulfill their dreams
- Complete education or work experience requirements
- Help reduce the cost of skating programs
- Avoid volunteer fees
- Have fun!
Hours must be completed by ADULT family members. Volunteer hours contributed by skaters, do not count towards the total hours needed for the volunteer program. For more information about volunteer opportunities at SCBC please contact our volunteer chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some Volunteer Opportunities:
Music is an important part of each session. Music Room Operators are necessary for the music room to run efficiently. Please contact our volunteer chair at email@example.com if you would like to assist.
A Session Rep is someone who hands out newsletters, club information and acts as a general representative of a session. We would like to have one Session Rep for each session (including a Canskate representative). If you are interested in helping on the session your child skates on, please contact our Volunteer Chairperson.
Program Assistants are needed for Canskate and Junior sessions. The qualities we look for include:
– a helping nature, reliable and a sense of commitment
– be able to lead activities in a creative and enthusiastic manner
– ideally be 12 years of age and have passed the Preliminary Freeskate Test (if you have not yet reached this level you may still qualify as a PA in training)
If you are interested in becoming a program assistant or trainee, please contact Tara Dowdles at firstname.lastname@example.org