Covid-19 Update – May 22

Hi SCBC families and skaters,

As some of you heard during the Skate Ontario town hall Facebook Live tonight, at this time it is looking like Skate Ontario and the province are moving forward with permitting high performance athletes (Novice, Junior and Senior for Singles, Pairs, & Ice Dance and Junior and Senior for Synchronized Skating) to return to the ice in small groups pending municipalities opening their facilities.

At this time there are a few factors that still need to be addressed:

  1. Skate Ontario needs to provide the official Return to Sport Policy.
  2. Municipalities agreeing to open their facilities.

While we know everyone is eager to return as soon as possible, we are taking this as positive news knowing that a plan is in place. We will be staying very close to Skate Ontario as well as the City of Brampton throughout this phased roll out and will provide information as soon as we hear any more updates.

For now we will continue to be patient and do our part by practicing social distancing.

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to Vice President Dan Wilkinson at

SCBC Board and Staff