SCBC will collect personal information, such as names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, on a voluntary basis as provided by you through membership, program registration and purchases.
SCBC will use this information for the following purposes:
- to communicate information relating to the operation and promotion of the club with our members and program participants including, but not limited to, organization details, existing and upcoming program information, club communications, event promotion and details, member communications, fundraising and volunteer information.
- to arrange for instruction and encourage the practice and enjoyment of the sport
- to help organize and operate competitions, contests and performances
- to communicate with prospective members about club information and promotions
- to enable SCBC’s administrative staff and Board of Directors to administer business activities, programs, registrations through the acts including, but not limited to, completing program and event registrations, responding to questions, informing members of upcoming events, programs and promotions and fundraising and volunteer activities.
- to enable the SCBC to provide better services and processes to better meet the needs of our membership
- to register your membership with club associated governing bodies that you consent to (eg: Skate Canada)
SCBC does not sell, rent or lease its member lists to third parties. SCBC may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. SCBC may however share data with trusted partners such as for example help us perform statistical analysis. In such a case, we request that the partner limit the use of your personal information to the provision of the services to SCBC and we request that they maintain the confidentiality of your information.
SCBC does not store any credit card number and security information (eg: CVV numbers) online on the website, www.skatescbc.ca.
The SCBC may use “cookies” to track your web browsing and registration activities and preferences on www.skatescbc.ca. Cookies are data files transferred to your computer’s hard-drive through your browser by a website to keep track of certain preferences or activities to streamline subsequent website visits.
The SCBC’s website may log IP addresses and browser details during your site visit.
We have the following exceptions regarding the disclosure of your personal information: we will disclose your personal information, without notice, (a) to comply with any valid legal inquiry, order or process served on SCBC or the site; (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of SCBC; and, (c) to protect the personal safety of users of SCBC, or the public. We may also transfer user information, including personally identifiable information, to a successor corporate entity in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate change.
Users may find advertising or other content on our Sites that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the contents or links that appear on these sites. In addition, these sites or services, including their contents and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies, or no policy (policies) at all. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party sites or services before providing any of them with your personal information.
The SCBC is committed to the protection of our members’ information. Sensitive and personal information is kept secure and strictly confidential. Our website is maintained using industry standard security measures to protect against loss, misuse, alteration and theft. Access to your personal information by the SCBC’s administrative staff and Board of Directors is limited to a need-to-know basis.