SCBC Covid-19 Update – June 14th

To our valued skaters and members,

We wanted to take the time to connect with everyone regarding our plans to resume on-ice training as soon as we are able to do so.

As some of you may have seen, Skate Ontario shared an update late last week that clubs may move forward with day camps that include skating activity as per Regulation 82/20. It is our hope to be able to offer 1/2 day camps for our SCBC members as soon as possible and we have entered into discussions with the City of Brampton and Peel Public health to request permission to resume on-ice activity.

We will continue to keep our SCBC members in the loop as we learn more. If we are unable to resume on-ice training during Stage 1, we are anticipating a Stage 3 return which is tentatively scheduled for July 23rd.

We look to the future with optimism and are hopeful that we will be able to resume on-ice programming soon. SCBC will continue to update members on any changes to the situation and plans to move forward. We encourage you to follow our social media channels @SkateSCBC on Instagram and Facebook. You can also visit the Skate Ontario website and the City of Brampton website for up to date information on how they are handling the situation.

The SCBC Office remains closed through the duration of the facility closure and we will continue to monitor emails during this time. If you have any other questions please contact Operations Coordinator Andrea Nesbitt at [email protected].


Thank you for your continued patience and understanding. We are missing the ice more than ever and cannot wait to be back doing what we love with our SCBC family.

-SCBC Board & Staff