The Skate Canada Brampton-Chinguacousy skating club is a not-for-profit Skate Canada sanctioned organization governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, a skilled team of professional coaches, and a dedicated team of volunteers.
Our club operates out of the Cassie Campbell Community Center located in Brampton, Ontario. We have a large membership and offer programming 7 days a week throughout the day and evening. We offer programs in Competitive Singles, Pairs, Dance, Synchronized Skating, AdultSkate, StarSkate and CanSkate.
Skate Canada Brampton- Chinguacousy is seeking a Marketing and Promotion Coordinator for a 6 month contact position (with the potential for renewal).
- Marketing and Promotion of SCBC with the intent to grow the CanSkate program.
- Partner with SCBC coaches to enhance existing programs.
- Establish strong relationships with club members, community groups, city officials
- and staff, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the club.
- Investigate, identify and apply for funding grants as applicable and available.
- Represent SCBC where and when applicable.
- Extensive knowledge in the sport of figure skating (Skate Canada)
- Previous figure skating coaching experience preferred
- Experience with sport program development required
- Marketing and Promotion experience required
- Ability to leverage existing figure skating and fitness contacts and relationships in this position
- Comfortable building relationships and presenting to various Stakeholders
- Computer literate with proficiency in the Microsoft suite of tools e.g. MS Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word
Proposed contract duration: June 1, 2018 – November 30, 2018
Please provide your cover letter and resume submission to [email protected] no later than May 7, 2018.
Interviews will commence early May.
NOTE: only those candidates selected to move forward through the hiring process will be contacted.